Saturday, June 14, 2008

Australian Wedding Pictures

So before I put up Florida wedding pictures I thought I should finish posting pictures from Melbourne. The day was absolutely perfect. I stayed with Cheryl the night before and Matt's sisters came over to watch girlie movies. Al and Matt stayed down in our new place and got up to no good I am sure. Cheryl drove me in my Captiva wedding chariot the next day downtown to the registry office. We parked in a parking garage and went to take the elevator. We had Cooper in his stroller and the elevator was pretty full but a friendly man waved us in. He was very friendly and oddly familiar. I was a nervous bride and was barely paying attention to the conversation Cheryl and this happy man were having until I realized who he was. As we got off the elevator he called out congratulations. I had been congratulated by Kenny aka Shane Jacobson. He is something a film star around here and was appearing in a production of Guys and Dolls up the street. What a great beginning to a fantastic day!!


The registry office was lovely and Matt's family and friends were all there. I finally got to meet alot of his friends from work who were all fantastic and it is great to finally put names and faces together. We called my Mom and Dad right after the ceremony even though it was around 1am in Jacksonville.



There is a park next door to the registry office so we went over there for photos. This is Matt and me with Luke and Natarsha. I had never seen the horseshoe tradition before. They are pretty goodluck charms given to the bride to carry. They are really pretty and I carried them in Australia and America.


This is Matt's mom Sandra, Luke, Rebecca, Tracy, Matt's brother in law Nick (who gave me away), Matt, Me, Matt's dad Barry and Matt's step-mom Laurel. I had lots of family memorabilia on as well. The shawl was my Great Aunt Hank's who has been like my grandmother most of my life. It was really special to have something of hers with me. My parents gave me the pearl earrings I wore when I graduated from high school. I wore a beautiful broach that belonged to Matt's great grandmother. I also wore some decorative hair pins that were given to me by Amy (Sam's mom) and her family that had belonged to her grandmother. Amy and I have been friends forever and her family is really special to me so that was great too. Cheryl did a great job putting my hair up for me.

Matt's three best friends Pete, Mick and Al, all did readings at the wedding. It was wonderful to have everyone involved. After the ceremony and photos we all went down to the European Bier Cafe for some drinks and cupcake cake.



There was a bit of a late night crowd which continued on to the Geebung (a pub just down the street from our new apartment). There was some dancing to Sweet Home Alabama which made my night complete.