Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Smelling the Flowers

So I actually stopped today to not so much smell but simply marvel at some beautiful little flowers on the side of the road today. They were SO purple. They almost looked like those flowers that have sucked up water with dye added to it they were so bright. The picture doesn't even do the color justice. Once again I was on the side of the road, looking crazy, hunched over some weed taking a picture. They were so pretty I couldn't help myself.


I was on the way to the post office to feed my new addiction....Swap-bot. Much in the way I signed up for a German pen-pal (who always wrote about being in love with her school bus driver) out of a Seventeen magazine when I was in elementary school I have now signed up on Swap-bot to trade postcards and ACTs (Artist Trading Cards) with people all over the world. This may not be the best use of my time but I am looking at it this way... on all of these ACTs or homemade postcards I can try out new styles and techniques. Anyway, it's fun and people are into all kinds of things....everything from pin-ups to photos of front doors. I made a little butterfly card and his wings can move.