Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Under the Wings

Matt and I went on the hunt to see some kangaroos the other night. There are paddocks behind the airport that they usually hang out around just after sunset. I guess they didn't want to see me because we were in a completely kangaroo free zone. He took me to another interesting spot. There is a a parking lots just on the edge of the Tullamarine Airport runway. There were tons of people out watching the planes land. Families and puppy lovestruck teenagers were out. Many people arrived complete with folding chairs to enjoy the views of massive planes flying right over their heads. You can find people out every night enjoying the planes so much so that the ice cream truck parks there and seems to do a pretty good business. We even ran into a girl from our salsa class. As scared as I get inside a plane sitting under them didn't really bother me at all. Crazy!