Sunday, February 24, 2008

Chevapi and the NutBush Dance

Matt and I were driving down Stud Road in Dandenong to go look at some Balinese furniture when we spotted a huge sign for burek and chevapi. Matt and I quickly swung around the block to head back to the little take-away spot in a strip mall. I was introduced to Bosnian food by my friend Osman and chevapi with lepinja bread became one of my most favorite things. The lady that ran this shop was very sweet and made everything to order by herself. The chevapi was FANTASTIC!! She even gave Matt some sour cherry burek to try.


We wandered around Fitzroy, a neighborhood I love. There is a great craft market on Saturdays that has lots of handmade clothes, pillows and jewelry. These girls were walking around handing out pamphlets. I figured they were advertising a circus but really the pamphlets were for a local gym. This is a pretty fancy way to advertise a workout.


We were invited to a 40th birthday for Al's good friend Paul in Sunbury. Paul is a really nice guy and it was very sweet for him and his girlfriend Amanda to invite Matt and me. Al was the DJ and we had a great time dancing around. At home we have the standard "party" songs. There is always The Electric Slide, The Cha-Cha, and if you are really lucky The Chicken Dance. Here they dance The Bus Stop which isn't too different from The Electric Slide. One I had never seen before was to Tina Turner's Nutbush City Limits. There are a few we have in common like The Macarena and The Time Warp. Cheryl knew every single dance and for her first big night out after becoming a new mommy she was more than happy to dance them all.