Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Renaming the Blog

Well, I am back in Australia so thought
I would get back to blogging. I really wanted to keep it up in Chicago but since I was back to work both at the hotel and the symphony AND my life was turning upside down I didn't have much time. So...the new name. I wanted to get rid of the "blogspot" in the name and I wanted the title to encompass more than just being in Australia. The inspiration came from one of my girlfriends who I don't remember life without. I am lucky that way. A few of my closest friends have been my friends for as long as I have been conscience of being alive. One Cara Bowyer inspired the new name. We were emailing back and forth the last time I was Down Under. I had emailed her my news of being engaged to Matt and thoughts about possibly moving back to Jacksonville one day. Cara's response "I feel like I could look out my window and see the pigs flying by." So there you go. Piggys Flying! An homage to all the things I never thought I would think about doing much less actually do.


I am happy to be back here but I have realised I was being a bit naive thinking it would be an easy transition. I just knew this would be just like my extended vacation but the truth of the massive change I have made has been creeping up on me. I know I will be happy here...just have to have my transitional freak out. I certainly had one when I moved from Florida to Chicago and I fell hard in love with Chicago.
I got to spend the day with Cheryl and Cooper the other day. He is wonderfully cute and smiley. It always makes me a happy camper to be around a happy baby. The first time I heard Jack laugh hysterically was one of the most incredible sounds I have ever heard. Baby laughing and smiling is the best!


Matt had always wanted to check out a Balinese restaurant called Warung Agus in North Melbourne. I am certainly glad he decided to check it out with me. Yummy yum yum!
Peanut sauce over chicken satay and lemon grass pork with cracklin. Big Yay for the Balinese. I can't wait to go up there for our honeymoon. We are looking at living in North Melbourne after we get married so it is nice to check out some places in the neighborhood. There are a few cute looking galleries and coffee houses that I want to explore.


So while I am still getting over the jet lag and trying to figure out my new life here on the opposite side of the world I do have a new little friend to keep me company. Mick and Bec got a new member of the family. This is Rassie ( short for Jack Rascal) and he is lovely. We sit outside in the hammock and read books. I am going to go outside for a walk since it is a fantastic 80 degrees outside! Sorry everyone in Chicago.