Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cloud Dragons

I love the sky in Australia. The sunsets are beautiful. There are rainbows constantly. The clouds are sublime. I have always loved finding shapes in clouds then the other day one looked like a perfect Chinese dragon. Suddenly all of the clouds looked like Chinese dragons. Now all I am finding in the clouds are dragons. It looks like I am not the only one. If you go on http://www.flickr.com/ and type in dragon clouds you will find TONS of pictures including this one I borrowed from Eco Snake.


There are many references on-line to dragons in the clouds but also quite a few about dragons made of clouds. Many can be found in the comic book world. There is also some pretty ordinary poetry about these billowy beings. Actually it was prose talking about writing "cloud dragon" poetry. There is a book called "Cloud Dragon Skies" by N. K. Jemisin about a shift in the earth's atmosphere causing a change in the color of the sky and causing the heroine to see dragons in the clouds. Ok...so this was my "i see dragons" post. I am not crazy, just have a vivid imagination, well maybe a little bit crazy.