Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Visitors

A few weekends ago Matt and I were walking around Queen Victoria Market. The market was filled with fresh fruits and vegetables, butchers and fishmongers, all kinds of clothing and lots of souvenirs. Best of all was the bird seller. I fell in love with little ducklings and wanted to bring two back to Mick and Bec's. Matt reminded me I already had to explain the hole I dug in the back yard...did I really want to tell them about the new pets I picked up when they were away in Europe? So I didn't get to buy any ducks that day. Well, imagine my surprise when I went out in the back room to gather up my painting stuff this morning. At the back door with their little beaks on the glass were two ducks. These ducks are full grown and didn't come from the market but on their own accord. I got some bread and sat outside feeding my new duck friends. They ate right out of my hand. They are out back now swimming in the pool. I don't know how long they will stay around but atleast for now I got my ducks.