Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving in Australia

This weekend started off with some lovely spring weather including a hail storm. Just when Matt and I were attempting to leave the house to go see our niece, Natarsha, in her first ballet recital loads of ice pellets decided to fall out of the sky. Still, off we went and Natrsha was lovely as both a snowflake and a teddy bear. The little ones are always so cute. One little guy in her dance number decided instead of dancing he would do everyone a favor and pick up all the sequins on the floor. Very cute. We also went to see an exhibit of Graeme Base's work. He makes the most beautiful children's books. Good news for the gallery because his work is selling like crazy. I saw in an interview it takes him 2 years to make a book. His work is so super detailed it was great to see the originals. I had never seen Uno's Garden. Now it's my favorite of all his books.
Sunday was our "Thanksgiving" here in Australia which we celebrated at Nick and Rebecca's. Nick, being the head of the household, was given the ever so stressful task of carving the turkey. He did a wonderful job especially for a first timer. I am patting myself on the back because this is the first time after many, many tries my sweet potato casserole was successful and not soupy...YAY ME!!