Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's the little things


I know I have told some of you about a complete and utter meltdown I had a few months ago. Matt and I were in the grocery store and I wanted Diet Cherry Coke. Matt frowned and said that drink wasn't imported into Australia. Poor thing had no idea what was coming. Floods and floods of tears and a red runny nose amongst whimpers of "I wanna go home." Who knew the lack of soft drink would cause such a bout of homesickness. Matt looked perplexed and worried but the moment passed and we continued shopping. Last weekend at the South Melbourne Market we happened across a Lolly Shop that had a big sign in the back corner "USA FOODS". Nestled happily in a carry case just waiting for me to give them a happy home was a 20 pack of Cherry Coke Zero (close enough!). Happy Days!! It really is the little things.