Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Blog with the Blank Page

I still am not able to upload photos. I have been trying to get a response from the help team who hosts this site but haven't heard anything back so for now my posts will remain desolate and void of pictures. Sad. Ah well..... We had lunch with Al, Cheryl and Cooper yesterday then decided to go for a walk to a neighborhood festival. We stumbled onto an art opening at Kustom Lane Gallery. This "gallery" was part garage, part gallery, part tattoo parlor and the art on the walls reflected all of these influences. There were pieces using pinstriping that is done on custom cars and bikes. Speaking of bikes there was a lovely West Coast Chopper outside that was all spruced up and if I didn't have such bad balance I would love to spin around on. But me driving a motorcycle would be a recipe for disaster. The car guys (Matt and Al) liked the show especially the scorpion which was made from engine parts that were welded together. I liked Doug Dorr's Kool Tool collection http://www.dorrskustomkreations.com/KoolToolGallery.html
and Greg Vaughan's Killer Krabs http://www.vaughanarts.com/krabs.html .
Both of these artists just happened to be from the USA.
Hopefully someday soon I will be able to put pictures up here again. As for now I am at the mercy of the blogger team.