Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My new pet "Pirate"

There has been something of a massacre in the turtle tank. The turtles live with a bunch of fish who have slowly been disappearing. Matt says that is what the fish are there for but I feed the turtles so I don't see why they need to eat the little fishys. I have become especially attached to a little fish who only has one eye, hence the name Pirate. I thought I had lost him to the wrath of the turtles a few times but he always reappeared looking a little more ragged but still swimming. I was up working on the computer the other night when I witnessed a full on fish dinner. As of today I have watched it happen four times and just couldn't take it anymore. I moved Pirate. He has a disadvantage missing an eyeball and all. He has been moved to a big glass jar that used to hold tea bags. I took another lucky fish so he wouldn't be alone. I named her Sally (who knows if it's a girl or not). I know when I go home Pirate will probably go back to the turtle tank but for now he is my new pet fish.