Friday, May 1, 2009

Jambalaya Night

When one says the word "jambalaya" in Australia one might get funny looks. Same goes for creole, zydeco or boudin. Mardis Gras in Australia is not Fat Tuesday or the last day before lent but a massive gay pride parade in Sydney. So I took it upon myself to help educate my dear Australian friends! Matt and I have joined up with a group of people to host themed dinners so I picked New Orleans as my theme.


Jambalaya was the main attraction along with cornbread, boudin, muffaletta sandwiches and my version of a king cake. I also downloaded tons of Clifton Chenier(king of zydeco) to set the mood.


I also set up a "craft" table for some mask making activities. Matt didn't think anyone would bother with my craft idea but everybody really got into it and there were lots of very creative efforts.