Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rockabilly and Super Hilly

The Kustom Lane Gallery had a fundraiser this weekend for the Bush Fire Victims so Matt, Tara and I went down to check it out. This is the PERFECT gallery for Matt and I...lots of art and lots of cars. Many people were all gussied up in their rockabilly best. Some of the girls looked like they were right out of a Vargas painting. I really enjoyed watching this tiny girl kill a massive stand up bass.


After a good dose of Kustom Kulture we headed down to Rye to pick up Bosley who had spent the week vacationing at the beach with Tara's family. We walked up to the top of the cliffs (maybe they were really big dunes but thy seemed like cliffs). I opened my big mouth and mentioned walking down to the ocean. Going down was fine but coming back up was a little trickier. Soft sand and a really steep hill (or massive cliff in my mind) make for a fantastic Sunday afternoon work out. At least the view was beautiful.